10 Flight Travel Tips
1. Attach a luggage tag on each suitcase or bag, with current and complete contact information. It helps if your tag is recognizable. Also have full contact information INSIDE your bag.
2. If possible, check-in online for your flight 24 hours before your flight for a chance to find a better seat and to pay for checked luggage. This will save you precious time at the airport.
3. Always keep necessities like prescriptions, cash, ID and itinerary in your carry-on and not your checked luggage in case your checked luggage is delayed. This ID Holder is ideal to keep important items close.
4. Travel with an empty water bottle hat you can fill up after going through security. It saves you money and the environment!
5. Wear layers. Temperatures at your city of origin, destination, airport and on the airplane can all vary. This is helpful for two reasons. 1. You can take off/put on layers as needed to stay comfortable. 2. The more clothes you wear, the less you have to pack in your suitcase :) I find scarves are always a great, versatile item (cover your head and even legs for warmth on the plane)
6. Wear comfortable shoes and styles that are easy to slip on and off at security.
7. Headphones or earplugs are a must have for an overnight or long flight.
8. Always bring snacks with you - especially if traveling with children. You never know if your flight will be delayed. It will also save you money and will be a healthier choice than most foods found at the airport. Use this great food storage bag for easy transport.
9. Make sure your devices (phone, tablet, laptop) are fully charged or bring an external charging device in case the plane does not have an outlet. You can also use this practical USB charging backpack.
10. For long flights, bring an inflatable travel pillow and a small lightweight blanket or warm jacket/hoodie.
Take a deep breath, smile, relax and enjoy your journey!